Influester Uni VoxBox!
I got this a few days ago and I’d like to share with you what I got :) This box is aimed at college students and there was no way I’d miss this opportunity.
- Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure (5.99). Why does Influenster insist on sending me nail stuff??? This looks absolutely ridiculous on my already small hands, and are pure plastic and look hella fake. A huge no.
- NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Forever Fuchsia (1.99). Ah, NYC Color, we meet yet again. Not a fan of yours, never have been. You’re like a budget Covergirl with shinier finishes. I have tried this lipstick a couple of times, and will write a more extensive review on it.
- Pilot Acroball PureWhite (4.59 for a 3-pack). Pretty expensive for a…pen. A slightly better but otherwise mediocre pen. I much prefer my Sharpie pens. But hey, another pen!
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Matte Mousse Foundation (4.99). I’ve been dying to try this! Anything that has the premise of matte coverage is of my interest. I am still in the testing phase so I’ll let you all know later on how this worked for me.
- Playtex Sport Fresh Balance (3.99). LOL. Out of all the feminine care things they could have sent me, they send me the kind of stuff I do not wear. There’s always a first time for everything!
- Red Rose REAL TEA Premium Water Enhancer (4.49). I kind of prefer plain water to his. I am not a fan of the flavor I got, so I passed this on to my roommate. Not a fan of water enhancers (wtf) at all.
This bag was full of some hits and many misses in my opinion, as the water enhancer, the pen, and the nail thing was totally not for me. I’ll get you a review of the makeup items soon enough :)
What kind of drug store concealer, foundation, and powder would you recommend? None expensive would be great. (:
Concealers: L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer, NYX HD Photogenic concealer, Maybelline Age Rewind under eye concealer.
Foundation: Depends on your skin type. But personally I love Maybelline FIT Me Stick Foundation for oily skin. I’ve heard great things about the Revlon Colorstay and Covergirl 3-in-1 foundations.
Powders: I do not wear drugstore powders but I have friends who do, and they love Rimmel Stay Matte, L’Oreal True Match, and NYC Loose Translucent Powder.
Hope this helps!
Kat Von D releases new palettes: Monarch and Chrysalis
How are we not going nuts over this?!
I love Kat Von D eye shadows and if I didn’t have many, many eye shadows to go through I’d totally buy them both. These are available at Sephora right now, use your VIB 15% coupon code and score these bad boys :)
Hello! I was thinking about asking for a subscription for a beauty box for Easter.. What brand would you recommend? Could you link me if it's not too much of a hassle? It needs to ship to the US. I've herd so much about these and they sound like so much fun and an adventure every month! Thank you so very much!!
So far I have tried ipsy and Glossybox. ipsy was a complete waste of money and time but if you want cheap useless makeup go ahead. I am loving Glossybox right now, it had great products this past month of February and even though my March box hasn’t gotten to me yet (shipping issues) I am sure it’ll be as great.
I’ve only had one Memebox and although I liked it, I wanted more makeup out of it :(
I know people love Birchbox too! But I couldn’t tell you anything else since I haven’t tried it.
I had the pleasure to receive a Memebox this month, and was quite excited about it. I like to see other countries’ trends and staple products.
This is the Memebox Luckybox #1 Restocked, which features the best products from past boxes.
Here’s a comprehensive review of each of the items:
- Glory Nail Vegan Lacquer (full size). I thought this was a gorgeous berry color, although it took up to three coats for me to reach full opacity. I honestly prefer Essie for dark shades, but this was a nice addition. It did not have a name either, which I found strange.
- Nuganic Customize Pore Control Essence (full size). Described as a “concentrated serum that refined pores and rebalances skin.” This has a nice feeling to it, although I didn’t feel it did anything for my pores (and why should it? my pores are my pores…), or my skin in general.
- NoTs 28 Remedy Acne Pore Deep Cleanser (deluxe sample). The full size version is 120ml and this product here was 60ml, which makes it quite generous for a deluxe sample. This promises to “reduce the appearance of pores and refine skin tone and texture.” The cleanser was gentle on my skin but I still prefer my current cleanser (my Alaffia African Black Soap cleanser).
- IOPE Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning (deluxe sample). This was one of the smallest samples, and is marketed as a “skin-enhancing program” that clears and smoothes the skin within 3 days. Pretty impressive claims for something that did next to nothing to my skin. It felt nice at first, but then it was whatever.
- Seep Face Lifting Mask (full size). From fighting against the appearance of wrinkles, firming fine lines, hydrating, and nourishing the skin, this mask promises a lot. I had never tried these face shaped masks and it was fun, albeit a bit messy and sticky. You can go to my Instagram and see me in all its glory. It had a nice lace pattern, which I loved. I wasn’t expecting immediate results with this but I sure felt my face sticky as hell, so I rinsed after peeling (even though it tells you not to).
- Too Cool for School Aqua Gel Mist (full size). This is probably my favorite product in the box! It is truly so refreshing. It contains Trehalos, which apparently instantly replenishes the skin with soothing hydration. Austin is getting heated by the second so this is perfect for a mid-day touch up. I loved this!
- Tonymoly Delight Tony Tint Red (deluxe sample). I hadn’t used lip tints in a loooong time. This was a very nice vivid red, which is used in Korea to create the gradient lip known as the “Korean Lip,” in which lip tint is applied from the inside to outside of the lips.
- Dear by Enprani Bounce Cheese Cream (deluxe sample). Yeah, not the best name for a cream! This is described as a high concentration of milk serum which in turns gives it a very distinct bounce texture. This was very hydrating, and perhaps too hydrating for my oily skin, which would make it ideal for drier skin types. I guess this will go to my sister :)
The box was $23, and the total value was of about $120, so I’d say this is an amazing deal. Even though I did not totally love the products for various reasons—some did not fit my skin type and others did nothing at all…—I am sure many of you would like this, especially if you are really into skin care. It would have been nice to get more makeup items though!
You can check out the boxes here :)
*Disclaimer: Press Sample provided for review. All opinions are my own.