Glossybox February Review
After deciding that I deserve better I canceled my ipsy subscription and switched to Glossybox. Let’s get to a semi-quick rundown of what I received.
The box: A light pink box, which I think it’s perfect for storage. I really appreciated the care put into the packaging :)
- Pureology Colour Fanatic Multi-Tasking Hair Beautifier for Color Treated Hair. I’ve been dying my hair since I was 16, so this was something I was definitely interested in. This product promises to “prime, protect, and perfect” color treated hair. I’d say those are pretty general claims, so I didn’t really know what to expect. I applied this after showering and before styling my hair. It smells really nice, and it is light, provides me with shine and softness and makes my hair color seem a tad more vibrant. I’ll continue to use this and hopefully get the full-size.
- Lauren B Nail Couture in City of Angels. Vegan friendly, quick-drying nail enamel that could’ve worked if it the color didn’t look so dreadful on my skin (I don’t look well with this kind of pink, and I don’t like it). Also, I wasn’t really loving the formula. It seemed streaky and totally not worth the full-size price. I didn’t even take a picture because right after I put it on…I took it off.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster. Yes! I have been using this serum for a loooong time now, and just as I was finishing my last bottle, this pops up in my box. So happy with it, it really makes my face not as dull (you have no idea what acne-fighting ingredients do to my complexion, I look like chalk). Besides the Pollen & Wax serums, this one is one I swear by.
- Sumita Beauty Kala Color Intense Pencil. I have many eyeliners that I stopped wearing because I’m lazy. This eyeliner, however, has been on my purse all this week. It’s super creamy and intense, and it doesn’t smudge as easily when applied to my waterline or lash line :) Happy with it although a bit basic.
- Anatomicals Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer. I am a HUGE fan of puns so whenever I read the packaging I couldn’t stop laughing. I’m a total dork, I know, but these eye patches (which I have used now, finally! You can see me in all my sillyness on my Instagram account) are something super weird and super effective in my opinion. I noticed my under eye area seemed a little less taut and less swollen, which is nice! I’m in my last semester of college so sleep is kind of a luxury now.
With the glowing exception of the Lauren B. nail polish, I thought this box was a hit. I am so happy I subscribed to Glossybox and be able to trust subscription boxes again :) I got about $65 worth of product for $21, which I think is pretty sweet.
*Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money. All opinions are my own.